Studio ElectronicsSE-3X Paraphonic Analog Synthesizer Module
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Studio Electronics SE-3X
The SE-3X from Studio Electronics is a rackmountable 3-voice paraphonic synthesizer module offering 3 discrete analog VCOs, a selection of 4 classic analog filters, and enough modulation sources to create pretty much any sound you can imagine. With independent frequency controls for each oscillator you can make 3-note chords or rich, unison-detuned pads to be routed through the filter, amplifier, and optional fuzz effect for a massive sound, while dedicated envelopes for the filter and amplifier facilitate a variety of dynamic and timbral responses.
Rounding out the modulation sources are a suite of three LFOs, each of which can have its own frequency, level, destination, phase, and MIDI clock division for highly complex patches that evolve over time. Add in a dedicated preset management system offering up to 396 slots each in ROM and RAM, a robust MIDI implementation, and even an external audio input, and we think you'll agree the SE-3X is a sound designer's dream, ready to integrate seamlessly into your studio.
- Rackmountable paraphonic synthesizer
- Three discrete analog VCOs
- OSC 2 and/or OSC 3 can sync to OSC 1
- All three OSCs feature variable pulse width (PWM)
- Selection of four vintage-inspired filters such as 24dB Ladder Moog-style lowpass, Oberheim-inspired 12dB band and lowpass
- Dedicated filter and amplifier ADSR envelopes + 2 freely assignable ADSR envelopes
- Three LFOs with triangle, rising saw, falling saw, square, noise, and fluctuating random
- Ring mod and cross mod functions
- External audio input for analog signal processing
- Noise generator
- Switchable fuzz/overdrive effect
- MIDI in/out/thru
- Voices: Monophonic, with 3 note Paraphonic mode
- Audio Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- External Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Interface: 1 rotary encoder, 24 knobs, 20 square switches—17 illuminated, one three-way toggle (filter fuzz), one 5-way rotary switch (filter selection), power
- Main Display: 20 x 4 blue backlit liquid crystal
- Memory: 8 banks of 99: 396 patches in ROM, 396 in RAM
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- Weight: 11 lbs
- Dimensions: 3 rack spaces (3U), 8 inches deep
- Power: 90 - 250 volts AC auto switching