Radial Engineering Q3 500 Series Induction Coil EQ
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
The Radial Q3 is a spectacular sounding induction coil EQ that has been formatted to fit the popular 500 series format and the Radial Workhorse.
It is designed to accentuate the character of a voice or instrument without introducing the artifacts and phase anomalies commonly associated with typical gyrator (resistor-capacitor) equalizer circuits.
The Q3 features four easy to use controls: top-end boost, mid-range cut, low frequency bass boost and gain make-up to offset the signal loss that occurs when using passive equalization. Each of the three EQ bands employs a 12 position Grayhill switch with a different preset curve at each position. These are carefully crafted to introduce subtle accents, huge hype and warm sounding cuts that will flatter and enthral. Each EQ setting is augmented with a miniature toggle switch that enables you to attenuate the curve for more subtle effects to deliver over 10,000 combinations of tonal bliss. And because presets are employed, it's easy to recreate favourite patches by setting the dials with 'easy to remember' 3-number combinations.
Adapted for use with the Radial Workhorse and older API Lunchbox racks, the Radial Q3 is plug-and-play easy to use. Simply feed it with a balanced line level signal and you are set to go. When connected to a Workhorse, the Omniport is assigned as an effects loop to allow various processing devices to be inserted into the EQ signal chain.
- Coil EQ based on vintage EQs from the golden age
- A stunning combination of over 10,000 tonal variations
- Lets you color your sound with warmth and detail
- Works with Workhorse and all 500 series power racks
- Audio circuit type: Coil/Capacitor/Resistive Boost and Cut Filters
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz +/- 1dB in non EQ positions
- Dynamic range: 112dB
- Noise floor: -90dBu filters off (-87dBu filters on)
- Maximum input: +20dBu
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.003% @ -0dBu @ 1kHz
- Inter-modulation distortion: 0.002% (0dBu input)
- Input impedance: 12k Ohms, balanced
- Output impedance: 440 Ohms balanced
- High pass filter: -3dB @ 150Hz
- Gain: 7dB (maximum output, no filters)
- XLR configuration: Balanced I/O, AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Current draw: 25mA
- Shipping Size: Size: 9" x 6.25" x 2" (228 x 159 x 51mm)
- Weight: 1.5lbs (0.7kg)
- Compliance (API): Yes
- Compliance (WHOS-Doc): Yes
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov