Radial Engineering PreMax 500 Series Channel Strip
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
The PreMax is an all-in-one channel strip that combines a low noise mic preamplifier with a state-of-the-art 3 band equalizer to deliver exceptionally clean results each and every time it is used.
The design begins with a high performance Op-Amp coupled with Radial's unique Accustate gain control that simultaneously sets the input sensitivity and signal gain to deliver outstanding signal-to-noise at all levels. Visual monitoring is provided with LEDs for signal and overload. The preamp then feeds a traditional 3 band EQ for tone shaping. This musical sounding EQ lets you gently boost the top end for more clarity, add warmth to the bottom end, or cut back the mids on an overly aggressive instrument.
A front panel switch lets you bypass the EQ and compare the pre-post effect. This is augmented with a high-pass filter to eliminate low-end resonance that can cause a track to sound muddy or lack detail. A 180° polarity reverse works double duty to either help align a stereo mic setup or enable the PreMax to be interfaced with older vintage gear that may not follow the AES Pin-2 hot convention. For safety, the 48V phantom power switch is recessed to prevent accidental turn-on which could damage tweeters or vintage ribbon microphones.
When used with a Radial Workhorse power rack, the Omniport jack is configured as an instrument input and activated using a convenient front panel switch. When the Omniport is not connected, the switch acts like a microphone mute.
Designed to deliver quick, dependable results, the PreMax's integrated design eliminates the concern of matching levels between modules. You simply plug in, set the gain, tone shape and start recording. This makes the PreMax the perfect channel strip module for project studios, post production, broadcast and live recording.
- Combination preamp and 3 band equalizer
- Accustate gain control for low noise
- High-pass filter eliminates excessive resonance
- Dedicated instrument input for direct recording
- Preamp circuit type: Accustate input with true variable gain front end.
- EQ circuit type: 3 band EQ with high and low frequency shelving.
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz (-1.5dB @ 20Hz)
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.003
- Dynamic range: 112dB
- Input impedance: 3300 Ohms
- Maximum input: >+22dBu
- Mic input gain: 52dB
- Instrument input gain: 30dB
- Output impedance: 300 Ohms
- Equivalent input noise: -120dBu
- Noise floor: -85dB @ +40dB of gain
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.006% @ 30dB gain
- Power requirement: 56mA
- Format: 500 series module
- Size: Standard 500 series rack format
- Shipping Size (L x W x H) : 9 x 6.5 x 2 (inches)
- Weight: 1.5lbs (0.7Kg)
- Warranty: 3 Years, transferable
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov