Radial EngineeringJ+4 Stereo Line Driver -10dB to +4dB
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The Radial Engineering J+4 Stereo Line Driver accepts consumer level -10dB unbalanced high impedance signals and converts them to +4dB balanced low impedance signals. If your needs involve pro audio, whether in broadcast, recording studios, or live touring, you'll find the Line Driver box invaluable.
Radial paid careful attention to noise elimination by combining the advantages of active signal buffering with transformer isolation. The J+4 delivers better than 95dB signal-to-noise. It also keeps hum and buzz caused by ground loops and spurious clocking noise from polluting the signal path.
For reliability and ease-of-operation, Radial kept controls on the J+4 to a minimum. Input connectors include a stacked set of 1/4" jacks for DJ mixers or keyboards, RCA's for CD players and a mini 3.5mm for I-pods.
The Radial stereo J+4 is equipped with a handy high-pass filter that is used to cut low frequencies below 100Hz. This provides several important benefits. First and foremost, when playing back audio tracks through a PA system, excessive bottom end can produce low frequency resonance which in turn can cause runaway feedback. It is also important to note that bass frequencies contain significantly more energy than higher frequencies. Reducing bass content can dramatically increase your system's dynamic range. Finally, by reducing unneeded low frequencies, it really helps clean up the mix.
As with all Radial products, the Radial J+4 is built tough to handle the extreme rigors of professional touring. A unique 14-gauge steel I-beam inner frame ensures the sensitive PC board will not be subjected to outside stress which could potentially cause solder joints to fail. An innovative book-end outer shell creates protective zones around the sensitive controls, switches and connectors to further improve dependability while a full bottom no-slip pad provides both mechanical and electrical isolation.
The Radial J+4 balanced line driver delivers exceptional sonic performance, plenty of headroom and ultra-low noise making it the ideal companion in today's more demanding professional audio systems.
- Stereo -10dB to +4dB interface
- Transformer isolated to eliminate noise
- Onboard hi-pass/low-cut filter
- Greater than 100dB of dynamic range
- Plug and play design makes it easy-to-use
- Frequency response: 10Hz ~ 20kHz (+/- 1dB … -3dB at 40kHz)
- Signal to noise: 100dB
- Input level: -10dBu typical
- Maximum input level: +17dBu
- Maximum output level: +15dBu
- Dynamic range: 100dBu
- Total harmonic distortion + noise: 0.004% (-10dBu input, +4dBu output)
- Channel separation: >90dB
- Self noise: -95dBu
- Input impedance: 10k-Ohms
- Output impedance: 600-Ohms typical
- High pass filter (low cut): -3dB at 100Hz
- XLR configuration: AES standard… pin-1 ground, pin-2 hot
- Power Requirement: 15VDC 400mA center positive - 30mA draw
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell, baked enamel finish
- Size: 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" / (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lb (720 g)
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable