Modor Formant Filter
Finally, Modor takes the plunge into the world of Eurorack! The Formant Filter is a Eurorack incarnation of the filter section of their NF-1 digital polyphonic synthesizer.
As those familiar with that device already know, the Formant Filter specializes in vowel morphing. Using the large Formant knob allows users to shift between three vowel sounds—and of course, this parameter features full CV control! But that is only the beginning, because while the aforementioned control morphs between three sets of frequencies, the Vowel button gives users access to ten preset vowels. Users also have the ability to create custom vowels by adjusting the frequency bands via the four horizontally-configured knobs at the top of the module. These configurations can be stored by pressing the Shift and Vowel buttons simultaneously.
Formant Filter Features
- FORMANT control morphs between the three vowels
- AMOUNT control dictates the amount of CV modulation for FORMANT
- Three LEDs above the buttons indicate which vowel is selected for editing
- VOWEL button selects which of the 10 factory presets go into the active vowel
- SHIFT+VOWEL saves all the actual settings to be reloaded when the modular system is powered off and on
- 1-2-3-4 controls select the 4 frequency bands of the active vowel
- SHIFT+1-2-3 sets the presence of the first three frequencies, SHIFT+4 sets the volume of the active vowel
- Eurorack module
- Width: 16 HP
- Depth: 12mm
- 140mA +12V
- 20mA -12V