KemperProfiler PowerHead Modeling Amplifier
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Kemper Profiler PowerHead Modeling Amplifier
Kemper’s Profiler PowerHead Modeling Amplifier accurately emulates the complexities of a particular guitar cabinet and amplifier’s functionality. With this preamp, guitarists can achieve maximum portability by digitizing (“profiling”, as Kemper calls it) their setups for later recall through a single compact unit. The unit boasts a 600W at 8 ohms or 300W at 16 ohms amplifier for driving a speaker cabinet.
The profiling process is accomplished by inserting a tube amplifier into the Profiler and pressing the “Record” button. The unit then sends test signals between the amplifier at the microphone in front of the cabinet to establish an accurate profile of the original tone. Once the profile is recorded into the Profiler, it can be played back and fine-tuned with effects, EQ, and various stomp pedal models.
Profiler PowerHead Features
- The Stack: Amplifier Section, EQ Section, Cabinet Section
- The Effects: Virtual Stomp Boxes, External Effects, Master Section
- The Connections: Input Stage, Output Stage, Ground Lifts
- Amp Definition parameter determines whether the Profile leans more towards a vintage or modern character - increasing this parameter intensifies the touch response of the virtual tubes.
- Power Sagging parameter lets the tubes breathe with individual playing styles - damped strings will have more "chug," and clean picked notes will cut through better when the playing volume is reduced.
- Pick parameter controls the attack of the pick independently of the gain setting, even through heavy distortion.
- Amp Compressor will sustain the clean guitar when playing soft, but lets the distorted sound through, unprocessed, when reverting back to normal playing volume.
- Cabinet Voicing parameters provide access to the character of the cabinet - the size of the virtual cabinet can be changed, the bass resonance tuned, or the tonal character controlled in creative ways
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" TS phone (front panel), 1 x XLR Return, 1 x 1/4" TRS phone Return, 1 x 1/4" TRS phone Alternate Input, 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF
- Outputs: 2 x XLR Master, 1x 1/4" 8/16 Ω Speaker Output, 2 x 1/4" TS phone Master, 1 x 1/4" TS phone Monitor, 1 x 1/4" TS phone Direct Out/Send, 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF, 1 x 1/4" TRS phone Headphone
- Power Output 600 W @ 8 Ω, 300 W @ 16 Ω
- Other Connectors: 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Switch/Pedal, 1 x USB Type A, 1 x USB Type B, 1 x RJ45 Network
- MIDI: 3 x 5-pin DIN In/Out/Thru
- Power Requirements: 100~240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 14.88 x 6.81 x 8.54" (37.8 x 17.3 x 21.7 cm)
- Weight: 14.33 lb (6.5 kg)