AudientASP800 8-Channel Mic Preamp
- Low Prices
The Audient ASP800 is a mic preamp interface and ADC that is perfect for both ultra-clean and gritty distorted amplification. It features eight discrete console mic preamps that use Audient's Class-A mic preamps with +48V phantom power and attenuation pad.
Advanced Burr-Brown D/A and A/D converters provide incredible depth and clarity with your sound. Input channels one and two feature unique variable harmonic color controls HMX and IRON. HMX adds sweetness and thickness with three MOSFET transistors that impart an asymmetrical harmonic distortion that emulates 1960's valve preamp. IRON is based around a custom British transformer that controls simultaneously drive impedance, phase shift, magnetic saturation, high frequency damping, and transient shaping. It adds everything for a little bit of air or growly transient smearing. In addition to the XLR inputs, two harmonically rich JFET DI inputs are available on the front, which is perfect for guitars or basses.
The output of the ASP800 is available on DB-25 and ADAT. The ASP800 fits a variety of applications and sounds great doing it.
- Eight mic preamps in a single rack space
- Preamp technology borrowed from Audient studio consoles
- Two "vintage" channels with variable Mosfet and Magnetic drive controls
- Discrete JFET instrument inputs
- Burr-Brown A/D converters for impeccable sonic translation
- Combo XLR-1/4" TRS inputs for mic and line level operation
- Balanced analog line outputs via DB25 and digital outputs via optical ADAT
- Analog inputs: 8x XLR-1/4", 2x 1/4" Hi-Z
- Analog outputs: 1x DB-25
- Digital outputs: 1x ADAT
- Dimensions: 1.75 x 11.27 x 19"