APIMC531 Desktop Monitor Controller
- No Hassle
For a feature-packed and highly comprehensive monitoring solution, API presents their highly flexible monitor controller: MC531. Built for those looking for that solid API sound, the MC531 provides all of your traditional monitoring controls found in larger-format mixers with loads of I/O to reference and monitor in a variety of ways. Featuring five selectable stereo inputs, all sources are buffered through API's quality 2510 op-amp for a clean and pristine gain stage, be it an analog or digital signal. Speaking of which, the first three sources are balanced 1/4" inputs for easily monitoring your analog mixers or audio interfaces, while the last two feature a dual-digital input capable of USB or AES connections and an auxiliary input to monitor either typical mini-jack devices or Bluetooth signals.
The flexibility doesn't stop at the sources, as both the control room and headphone cue outputs have their own unique functionality. Each headphone output can monitor their own individual cue source with individual levels set via a long-hold and select, and the three monitoring outputs can have pre-determined routings with the sub output for any necessary subwoofer usage. The giant and smooth C/R control allows for fine dialing of what you want to hear in the control room, and applying quick dimming is easy with the adjustable Dim button. Besides the other essential monitoring controls such as mono, cut, and an adjustable talkback mic, the MC531 features both left and right channel muting for easy searching for problem areas. Easily monitor your levels via the 18-segmented LED section and further into auxiliary VU metering via the extra pair of 1/4" meter outputs on the rear.
With a final option to monitor your signals through a stage of API buffering, the MC531 from API truly provides a premium monitoring experience for studio engineering and mixing.
- Monitor controller
- Both cue and control room inputs buffered through API's prestigious 2510 opamp
- Five balanced stereo input sources to select from (analog and digital)
- Digital input options include AES, USB, and bluetooth connectivity
- Stereo minijack input on front and back for monitoring a commercial level device
- Onboard level controls for control room and two headphone cues
- Headphone can individually listen to any of five stereo inputs or the control room
- Main and two stereo outputs with assignable sub output
- 18-segment stereo LED meter with a meter output for hooking up to a VU meter
- API button engages 2520 op-amp/transformer instead of electronically balanced output
- Individual left and right channel mutes as well as mono, cut, and adjustable dim button
- Engageable talkback mic with adjustable gain
- Analog input:
- 6x balanced 1/4" (30K Ohm Impedance)
- 2x balanced 3.5mm stereo TRS
- Analog output:
- 7x XLR with selectable electronic or transformer balanced (75 Ohms)
- 2x balanced 1/4"
- 2x 1/4" stereo headphone outputs
- Digital inputs:
- USB 2.0
- 1x AES
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Frequency response: +/-0.5dB 20Hz to 50kHz
- Max input level: +28dBu
- Max output level: +28dBu
- S/N ratio: 115dB
- Dimensions: 11" x 12.75" x 4"
- Weight: 8.5 lbs
- Power: external PSU included