API500-8B 8-Slot High Current Lunchbox
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The 500-8B 8-Slot High Current lunchbox from API is a perfect solution for those who are seeking a balanced combination of pro-studio sound and the convenience of portability. This compact rack allows you to install up to eight specialized modules like preamps, EQs, and various dynamics processors to aid in recording, mixing, and production wherever you are. It features convenient DB-25 connectors for clean and easy routing, phantom power, and toggle switches for channel linking. Optionally, the lunchbox can be installed in a standard 19" rack using a pair of rack ears. Whether you are looking to grace your studio with a set of popular 500-series modules or assemble a compact recording/mixing rig for working on the go, this lunchbox is exactly the right choice.
NOTE: Pin 15 on older API 560A equalizers was used for "direct output", and must be disabled by cutting a trace on the circuit board edge connector to prevent 560A from being damaged by 48 volts.
- 500-series lunchbox with 8 dedicated slots
- 250 mA of current per slot
- Fully compatible with API 500 Series and VPR-approved modules
- Clutter-free connectivity via DB-25
- Phantom power
- Toggle switches for channel linking
- Durable rugged steel chassis
- Output for the Power Supply: +16VDC: 2 Amps (250mA per slot), -16VDC: 2 Amps (250mA per slot), +48VDC: 80mA (10mA per slot)
- Dimensions: 15.5" x 5.5" x 7"
- Weight: 6 lbs