Warm Audio WA-87 FET Condenser Microphone
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Warm Audio WA-87
The Warm Audio WA-87 is based on the classic '87 large diaphragm condenser mic. Unlike other mics of this ilk, the WA-87 remains faithful to the classic circuitry of its predecessor. It affords users the warm tone of the ’87, albeit at a much more affordable price.
Internally, the WA-87’s components speak for themselves: there are Fairchild FETs, polystyrene, tantalum, WIMA film capacitors, and a CineMag output transformer. Additionally, and in a true testament to its dedication to provide the same stunning sound as its predecessor, the WA-87 includes a reproduction of the original K-87 dual backplate /dual diaphragm capsule.
For those looking for a sturdy mic that doesn’t sacrifice sound quality for robustness, the WA-87 may be just what the doctor ordered.
- Circuitry follows the early designs of the classic '87 microphone
- All discrete & premium components - Fairchild FETs, tantalum, polystyrene, WIMA film capacitors, and a Cinemag USA output transformer
- Lens Kondensator Custom reproduction of the K-87 dual backplate / dual diaphragm capsule
- Top shelf quality and components at an affordable price points
- Microphone includes shock mount, hard mount and wood box.
- Microphone type: condenser
- Polar patterns: cardioid, figure of eight, and omnidirectional
- Capsule: LK-87-B-50V reproduction of classic dual backplate (four wire termination) K87 capsule
- Diaphragm: 6 micron thickness, 1 inch diameter, gold sputtered membrane
- Frequency Response: 20hz - 20khz
- SPL: .5% THD at 120db (without pad) or 130 db (with pad)
- Pad: -10db
- Output: 150 ohms, 24k gold plated, 3 pin XLR (pin 1 = gnd, pin 2 = +, pin 3 = -), Cinemag USA mic output transformer
- High Pass Filter: 80hz
- Noise: 15db self noise, 80db s/n ratio
- Color: nickel (painted)