TK AudioSP501 500 Series Class A Preamp
TK Audio SP501 Module
The SP501 500 Series Class A Preamp by TK Audio brings users industry standard sound for a small chunk of the price. The SP501 is comprised of both modern and vintage circuitry sourced from the DP1 Stereo Preamplifier, meaning the unit can effortlessly handle both modern and vintage applications; and for those inclined to get particularly experimental, even those occupying the space in-between the two.
The SP501 features selectable output stages, a Lundhal transformer, Germanium stage, and a Carnhill output for maximum power and variety.
- High-gain, transformer-balanced Class A preamp
- Lundahl input transformer
- Selectable germanium stage for additional harmonic enhancement
- Input Gain and Output level controls
- Sweepable (30-400Hz) highpass filter
- Hi-Z instrument input
- Selectable output stages: electronically balanced, or discrete Class A with Carnhill transformer
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- Not stand-alone; requires compatible 500 Series chassis
- MPN: SP501