Tiptop AudioZ-DSP Digital Signal Processor (2018)
Tiptop Audio Z-DSP
Z-DSP is a cartridge-based DSP and effects module for the eurorack modular format. Compared to other effects modules, Z-DSP is inherently more open-ended. For one, it operates off of interchangeable cartridges that drastically alter its capabilities. On top of that, users can create their own effects and program cartridges using Tiptop Audio’s NumberZ and proprietary (free) software.
Improvements from the original include entirely new circuitry that drastically reduces noise levels, reduced distortion for enhanced sound quality, higher output gain for better signal-to-noise ratio, altered display stability for when cards are loaded or extracted, reverse polarity protection, and single PCB and surface mount components for greater reliability.
- Effects processor and generator for eurorack modular synthesizers
- Interchangeable cartridges with a wide selection of effects
- 24-bit sampling, 15kHz bandwidth
- CV inputs for program switching, DSP features, and stereo feedback
- Improved display
- Load effects algorithms via NumberZ programmer and the FV-1 DSP chip language
- Includes Halls of Valhalla and Dragonfly Delay MKII cartridges
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 28HP
- Depth: 25mm
- Current Draw: 200mA@+12V; 87mA@-12V