Solid State Logic2+ USB Audio Interface
Solid State Logic 2+
SSL's 2+ is perhaps the best audio interface in its price range: a true Solid State Logic USB interface perfect for bringing high fidelity sound to any home studio or portable recording rig. With two genuine SSL preamps, 4000 series style enhancement, and multiple independent headphone outputs, the SSL 2+ is a remarkable value.
The key feature of the 2+ is its preamps, which provide best-in-class noise performance for a USB-powered device. They provide a huge, 62dB gain range, making them ideal for tracking mic, line, and Hi-Z instrument-level signals. Each input channel has an LED VU meter, continuous gain control, and a Legacy 4K button. The 4K option activates an all-analog enhancement effect inspired by the original 4000 series consoles, bringing SSL-style crispness and clarity to any sound that comes through it. This combined with support for up to 24-bit/192kHz conversion means that any sound can be captured with exceptional crispness and clarity.
The 2+ provides both balanced and unbalanced outputs, separately addressable headphone outputs, and MIDI I/O—making it an excellent contender for multiple types of recording setups. If you're working with external MIDI synths or sound modules or simply need to track at the same time as a collaborator, the 2+ provides the facilities you need to take your home recording setup to the next level.
- SSL-quality interface for project studios and portable recording
- AKM 24-bit, 192kHz converters
- Two analog inputs with SSL preamps, with astonishingly low noise
- 4K option for each input channel brings 4000 series sound to a desktop interface
- Mic, line, and Hi-Z levels for both input channels
- Two headphone outputs
- Main monitor outputs
- Additional outputs for alternate monitoring and more
- MIDI I/O for integration with external synths and more
- Software bundle includes Pro Tools First, Ableton Live Lite, SSL Native software bundle, and more
- Analog Inputs: 2x XLR-1/4" combo
- Analog Outputs: 2x 1/4" TRS, 2x dual RCA stereo
- Headphone Outputs: 2x 1/4" stereo
- Sample rate: Up to 192kHz
- Bit depth: Up to 24-bit
- MIDI: In/Out via 5-pin DIN
- OS requirements: OSX 10.11+, Windows 8.1+
- Dimensions: 2.75 x 9.21 x 6.18"
- Power: via USB-C