SequentialProphet-5 Rev4 Five-Voice Analog Polysynth
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Sequential Prophet-5 Rev4
Building upon the legacy of the three revisions of this classic instrument, the Prophet-5 Rev 4 is the next generation of analog polysynth from Sequential. This mighty sounding synthesizer reigned supreme as the go-to polysynth for countless artists. It cemented itself among the upper echelon of synthesizer history. Now it's back and better than ever. Onboard you'll find the same classic Curtis 3340 oscillators ICs, two per voice, with selectable waveshapes and pulse width modulation. Oscillator 1 can hard sync to oscillator 2, and oscillator 2 features a low-frequency mode to double as an additional modulation source. Both oscillators and a white noise source are routed to the mixer section to tailor their levels.
Select between the Dave Rossum designed 2140 filter and the Doug Curtis designed CEM3320. These are both resonant low pass filters, but each gives their own characteristic sound. Drive the filters into self-oscillation at high resonance settings and let them act as an additional sine wave oscillator. The vintage control helps recreate the characteristics of the previous Prophets, adding the instability of vintage synthesizers in a controlled manner. This ranges from the current Rev 4, all the way down to the temperamental and rare Rev 1.
A four-stage ADSR envelope graces both the filter and amplifier, providing independent contours. Control both envelopes with velocity from the keyboard to provide dynamic animation that accompanies your playing style. The onboard multi-wave LFO is routed to modulate oscillator frequency, pulse width, and filter cutoff frequency. This amount is controlled with the mod wheel and aftertouch for everything from subtle vibrato to wide-sweeping modulation. Both the filter and amplifier sections include expression pedal inputs, as well as a sustain pedal input for ringing notes.
The full-sized Fatar five-octave keyboard features semi-weighted keys, velocity, and aftertouch. These combine to provide an expressive playing experience that is dynamic and responsive. Unison mode stacks the oscillators in a monophonic configuration with a range of one to five voices, creating thick, vibrant, and harmonically complex results. The Prophet-5 can also be controlled from both 5-pin DIN MIDI with in/out/thru and bidirectional USB MIDI. Presets come in factory and user varieties and are each stored in five banks of 40 presets.
Get the huge and vibrant sound of the revered Prophet-5 today. Updated with modern technology while retaining the classic sound, this polysynth is an instant classic.
Prophet-5 Rev4 Features
- Five-voice analog polysynth
- Two classic 3340 oscillators per voice with sawtooth, triangle, and pulse waveforms
- Select between Rev 1/2 2140 and Rev 3 CEM3320 filters
- Five-octave Fatar keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- Vintage knob adds the peculiarities of the previous versions of the Prophet 5
- Filters go into self oscillator for an additional sine wave oscillator
- White noise
- Filter keyboard tracking with either half or full tracking
- Unison mode stacks up to five voices for huge sound
- USB and 5-pin DIN MIDI
- 200 factory and 200 user presets
- Amplifier and filter ADSR envelope
- Multi-waveform LFO
- Pitchbend and mod-wheel
- Expression pedal and sustain pedal inputs
- Mono output
- Headphone output
- Inputs: Expression pedal for amplifier and filter cutoff, sustain pedal
- Outputs: ¼" mono main output, ¼" headphone output
- MIDI: 5-pin DIN MIDI in/out/thru, bidirectional USB MIDI
- Power: IEC connector, operates at 100-240V
- 37.5 x 16.4 x 4.9"/ 95.25 x 41.6 x 12.4 cm
and now, the Rev4. History never sounded better.
Soundtrack exclusively by Prophet-5. Yes, even the drums.