SequentialProphet-10 10-Voice Analog Polysynth
- No Hassle
The Prophet-5 is a legend among synthesizer collectors and users, with a distinctive sound that captured the imagination of a generation of musicians...but now comes the Prophet-10. Sequential has updated their classic five-voice analog polysynth up to a 10-voice version with the Prophet-10. Doubling the voices brings in new sonic possibilities and unlocks even more power. Each of the 10 voices features two authentic 3340 analog oscillator ICs with triangle, sawtooth, and pulse waveforms with pulse width modulation. Hard sync oscillator 1 to oscillator 2 for thick sounds. Oscillator 2 not only operates as an audio oscillator but can run into the sub-audio range for an additional modulation LFO.
The different revisions of the Prophet-5 had their own filter topologies, which contributed to their distinctive sound. Both of these filters, the Dave Rossum redesigned 2140 and the Doug Curtis CEM3320 are available on the flick of a switch. These are both four-pole resonant low pass filters which can be driven into self-oscillation at high resonance settings and can be set for half or full keyboard tracking. The vintage knob is a unique control that emulates the quirks and character of the previous versions of the Prophet series. The oscillators, filter, envelopes, and other features are affected by this control which ranges from stable and modern Rev 4 to the Rev 1 with its quirks and vintage temperament.
Both the amplifier and filter have their own ADSR envelope with velocity control over the envelope amount. This adds an extra layer of expression to your playing by dynamically altering the response of the envelopes. A multi-waveform LFO fills out the modulation section and is internally routed to pitch, pulse width, and filter modulation. The amount of modulation can be directly controlled by the mod wheel or tied to the aftertouch for extra expression. Control the filter cutoff and amplifier with the expression pedal inputs and add extra length to your notes with the sustain pedal input.
The keybed is a five-octave Fatar semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and aftertouch. These provide an expressive playing surface that is dynamic and sensitive to your touch and playing style. Up to 10 voices can be stacked on top of each other in unison mode, creating a rich and distinctive sound. The Prophet-10 is not only able to be controlled from the keyboard but sports MIDI over 5-pin DIN and bidirectional USB MIDI. 200 user and 200 factory presets are saved into five banks of 40 presets that can be easily saved and recalled.
The Prophet-10 is the next generation of analog polysynths that is capable of a wide range of sounds. Deep control and powerful sound-shaping possibilities make it a knock out of a synthesizer.
- 10-voice analog polysynth
- Select between both revised 2140 and CEM3320 filter ICs from different revisions
- Two 3340 analog oscillator ICs per voice
- Triangle, sawtooth, and pulse waveforms
- Five-octave Fatar keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- ADSR envelope for amplifier and filter with velocity control
- Filters go into self-oscillation at high resonance settings
- Multi-waveform LFO
- Hard sync between oscillators
- Oscillator 2 can act as an additional LFO
- Vintage control adds the characteristics of previous versions
- White noise
- Unison mode stacks up to 10 voices
- 5-pin DIN MIDI in/out/thru
- Bidirectional USB MIDI
- Expression pedal and sustain inputs
- 200 factory and 200 user presets
- Pitchbend and mod wheels
- Inputs: Expression pedal for amplifier and filter cutoff, sustain pedal
- Outputs: ¼" mono main output, ¼" headphone output
- MIDI: 5-pin DIN MIDI in/out/thru, bidirectional USB MIDI
- Power: IEC connector, operates at 100-240V
- 37.5 x 16.4 x 4.9"/ 95.25 x 41.6 x 12.4 cm
and now, the Rev4. History never sounded better.
Soundtrack exclusively by Prophet-5. Yes, even the drums.