Rupert Neve Designs5211 2-Channel Mic Pre
- Low Prices
Rupert Neve Designs 5211
Continuing the evolution of Rupert Neve preamp designs, the 5211 2-Channel Mic Pre provides a wide range of gain and shaping options, without any compromise on signal integrity or clarity when it matters most. The input stage of the 5211 provides up to 72dB of gain, while utilizing no transformers to maintain the purest character of your microphones. But in situations where mic preamp saturation is warranted, interacting with the Silk and Texture controls will engage clever manipulation of the output transformer, resulting in rich harmonic content found in many of the classic Neve designs. In fact, this circuit is very much like the one found on their top-of-the-line Shelford Channel Strip, and the handy inclusion of secondary outputs at -6dB allow engineers to fully drive the transformers without clipping convertors or other gear.
For further hands on control, a variable high-pass filter is available to shave off troublesome low-end as needed, and, of course, the 5211 provides 48V phantom power and a polarity inversion switch for use with any combination of microphones and their compelling placements. The legacy of Neve preamps speaks for itself, and the 5211 is already proving to hold its own place in the family.
- Dual channel microphone preamp
- Stepped Input gain control up to 66dB, with an additional +/- 6dB available via the Trim control
- Hyper clear transformer-less input section
- Silk and Texture controls saturate output transformer
- Eight-segment LED VU meter
- Phase flip switch
- Bypassable and variable high pass filter ranging from 20 to 250 Hz
- 48V Phantom Power
- Analog Inputs: 1x XLR Input per channel
- Analog Outputs: 1x XLR Line Output and 1x XLR -6dB Line Output each per channel
- Power: Internal Universal PSU