Radial EngineeringPZ-Pre Acoustic Instrument Preamp Pedal
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Radial Engineering PZ-Pre
PZ-Pre from Radial Engineering is a dual-input acoustic instrument preamplifier with tons of shaping, routing, and performance functionality that offers studio-quality sound to live settings. Featuring two 1/4" instrument inputs, each of PZ-Pre's channels can be set to normal Hi-Z mode or modified to work better with Piezo contacts via the PZB switch per input. Mix your instruments together or set their levels for independent performance while toggling between the two, and an additional A+B recessed knob fixes a balance between the two for the perfect blend.
The next steps of shaping include a three-position low-cut filter as well as a two-type variable notch filter, both of which are used for cleaning up your tone and eliminating any chance of feedback. PZ-Pre features a three-band EQ with a flexible mid frequency as well as a variable boost effect to add high-gain drive to your instruments, switchable via the boost switch. Before leaving the PZ-Pre, the signal can be processed through an FX loop via the 1/4" send and return at the top of the unit, perfect for adding more traditional electric guitar and bass pedals to your acoustic instruments. The boost footswitch can not only act as such, but can be modified to turn on the FX loop or both the boost and loop at the same time.
Leaving the PZ-Pre, your signal can be sent for further Hi-Z processing out the 1/4" jack with an additional polarity switch to clean up phase issues. However, PZ-Pre also features not one, but two balanced mic-level outputs that are positioned at the end of the chain and one before the EQ—great for capturing a clean signal for reference or recording! The final direct output has the option to flip the polarity as well as a ground lift all for cleanup, and the final Mute footswitch is applied to all outputs besides the additional tuner output. Packed with features for a number of live applications, the PZ-Pre is your one-stop-shop for acoustic preamplification and processing of up to two instruments.
- 2-channel acoustic instrument preamp/DI pedal
- Designed for use with any piezo contact mic-equipped acoustic instrument
- Designed to handle all the headaches that come along with piezos: boosts signal levels, eliminates feedback, and more
- Two switchable inputs with dedicated level controls
- Toggle footswitch for easily switching instruments
- Boost footswitch for easy access to quick signal boosting
- Dedicated mute footswitch
- Tuner output for easy tuning when muted
- Low cut filter with three switchable settings
- Tunable notch filter for customizable feedback rejection
- Three-band EQ with sweepable mid frequency
- Integrated effect loop for integrating external effects
- 1/4" amp output and tuner output
- XLR pre-EQ and post-EQ direct outputs
- Dedicated ground lift switches for each direct output
- Dimensions: 2 x 8 x 4.25"
- Power Specs: 15VDC PSU (included)
- Inputs: 2x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1x 1/4" amp out, 2x XLR (pre/post-EQ)
- Effect loop: 1x 1/4" send, 1x 1/4" return
- Tuner out: 1x 1/4"