PresonusQuantum 4848 48x48 Thunderbolt 2 Interface
Presonus Quantum 4848
The Quantum 4848 from Presonus helps bring together your analog and digital studio gear into one place with near-zero latency. Aimed to be the hub for even the largest studio stetups, it allows for connection of up to 32 analog audio sources using the D-SUB 25 connections and 16 digital audio channels via optical ADAT—for up to 48 x 48 operation. The inputs feature a 120dB dynamic range and up to 192kHz conversion, ensuring world-class audio quality.
Route audio to and from your DAW with almost no latency to connect up your whole studio together. Presonus optimized their Studio One DAW for the Quantum 4848, providing direct control over important parameters from your Mac or Windows computer. The Studio One Remote adds additional control from your iPad or Android tablet. Of course, Quantum 4848 is compatible with all other major DAWs as well, so regardless your preferred workflow, it'll fit in seamlessly.
Cascade up to four units together for up to 192 x 192 connectivity. Use the internal low-jitter clock as the master of your studio, or connect it via BNC to sync to an external clock source. If you need extensive connectivity between your analog and digital gear with the specs to hear every nuance, the Quantum 4848 is for you.
Quantum 4848 Features
- 48 x 48 Thunderbolt Audio interface
- D-SUB 25 analog connections for 32 inputs x 32 outputs
- ADAT optical connections for 16 inputs x 16 outputs
- Up to 192kHz conversion with selectable sample rate
- BNC word clock in and out
- Thunderbolt connections allow for up to four Quantum devices to be used in tandem
- Connect to Studio One for improved performance and control over parameters from your Mac or PC:Studio One Remote brings control to your iPad or Android tablet
- Connectivity: Thunderbolt 2 high speed bus for computer or linking units together
- Analog inputs: Four D-Sub 25 for 32 inputs
- Analog outputs: Four D-SUB for 32 outputs
- Digital inputs: ADAT for up to 16 inputs, BNC word clock
- Digital outputs:ADAT for up to 16 outputs, BNC word clock
- Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Dynamic range: 120dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz-40kHz
- Requires Windows 10+ 64-bit or MacOS 10.13+ 64-bit with intel i5 or better with 30GB free space
- 12V DC 5A power supply (included)
- 1.75 x 7 x 19"/44 x 177 x 483mm