Polyend Medusa Paraphonic Hybrid Synthesizer
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Medusa is a unique hybrid paraphonic synthesizer that is a result of collaboration between Dreadbox and Polyend. There are two distinct sections to the device—a synthesizer itself, and a multidimensional keyboard/sequencer control grid of 64 pads. The synthesizer voice section is comprised of 3 analog oscillators, an equal amount of digital wavetable oscillators, and a noise generator. The synth also features a resonant analog multimode filter, 5 LFOs, and 5 envelope generators capable of self-cycling and delaying. An exponential FM feature is also offered for the analog oscillators, and filter. The synthesizer can be configured to operate in one of 3 modes—mono, 3 note, and 6 note paraphony. Two screens help you navigate between the parameter—one for the synth, and one for the grid.
The silicone pads on the grid are backlit, and sensitive to touch, as well as x, y, and z locations of the finger. The control section can be set to one of two modes—grid mode, and note mode. In note mode, the pads are used pretty much like a keyboard, and the output can be quantized to many scales selectable in the menu above. The overall layout is also adjustable. Grid mode represents a sequencer with a twist. Not only it is capable of playing programmed rhythms, and melodies, but can also be set so that each pad triggers either a completely new sound or a separate modulation configuration.
Overall, Medusa is a very powerful instrument, with a ton of modulation options and highly customizable, complex control arrangement that will keep a smile on your face for days.
- Hybrid paraphonic synthesizer with unique multidimensional pad keyboard/sequencer
- Three analog oscillators & three wavetable oscillators with 20 tables
- 24dB analog multimode filter
- Monophonic, paraphonic x3, and paraphonic x6 operation
- FM options for analog oscillators and filter
- Audio input for external signal processing
- Analog noise generator
- Dedicated OLED for synthesis information
- 64 super-responsive pads produce note, X, Y, and Pressure data
- Grid acts as note controller, sequencer, and modulation source
- 128 presets for voices, chord memory, and sequences
- Notes, parameter locks, and preset selection can be sequenced per step
- X, Y, and Z modulation assignable per preset
- Onboard voice, sequence, and modulation randomization
- Step, Live, and Incremental sequencing
- Crisp OLED display for menu navigation
- Includes colored Davies knob kit
- Ships with OS 2.0 as of August 2019
- Pads: 64 3-dimensional pads with X, Y, and Pressure
- Polyphony: Mono, Paraphonic x3, Paraphonix x6
- Presets: 256 sequence/voice
- Inputs: 1x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1x 1/4"
- Headphones: 1x 1/4"
- MIDI: IN, OUT, THRU, USB
- Dimensions: 1.96 x 19.29 x 8.07"
- Power: 15VDC supply (included)