Mutable InstrumentsVeils Quad VCA
Mutable Instruments Veils
One cannot have enough VCAs in a Modular synthesizer. Mutable Instruments have released a compact Quad VCA for all volume controlling needs. Each of the inputs are DC coupled, to allow the volumes of CV signals as well as audio rate signals to be voltage controlled. The outputs are also chained together to provide a mixed output out of the 4th channel. Once a cable is patched into a VCA output that output is removed from the summed signal, allowing each channel to be used independently, giving users four VCAs in total. In addition to being plentiful, the VCAs are also highly functional; a dedicated knob shapes the curve response from Linear to Exponential, while the CV control of each channel can accept audio rate modulation (giving one access to something similar to ring modulation). Additionally, the exponential gain range can boost up to +20dB, providing one plenty of room for amplification for external signals. It is time to open the Veils, and let more music through.
- 4 Channel VCA
- Knob for changing VCAs from Linear to Exponential curves
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- Gain scale: a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1 (0dB).
- Gain range: 2 (+6dB) in linear operation, 10 (+20dB) in exponential operation.
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 12HP
- Depth: 10mm
- Current Draw: 70mA@+12V, 70mA@-12V, 0mA@5V