LooptrotterSATurAMP 500-Series Preamp
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
If you're looking for a colorful analog processor to welcome microphone, instrument, and line-level sources into your recording environment, the SATurAMP 500-Series Preamp from Looptrotter might be just what you need. Looptrotter specializes in producing top-quality, characterful designs that reward creativity, exploration, and unconventional approaches to studio technology. The SATurAMP adds color to your sources by way of its distinctive saturator circuit, which can also be bypassed entirely if you just want to take advantage of the all-discrete, Class-A preamp circuitry on its own. A must for any professional preamp, SATurAMP's three high pass filters clear out the low end, increasing the available headroom on your converters when working with mid to high frequency program material.
With the seven segment display, gain amount is digitally incremented by 1 deciBel, allowing highly accurate gain matching across multiple SATurAMPs. The usual phase invert, phantom power, and pad switches are complemented by a Mute switch—unique in preamps—that greatly improves workflow by allowing you to dial in your sound and block the source when you need to check another channel. Lest the striking yellow color and somewhat playful name deceive you, the SATurAMP is fully capable of holding its own against other Class-A 500-series preamp designs, and with a more than few well-considered features that set it apart.
- 500 series preamp and saturator
- Can apply 0, 4, or 8% THD for musically-useful saturation effects
- Three 12dB-per-octave high-pass filters @ 60Hz with Chebyshev topology, 100Hz with Butterworth topology, and 160 Hz with Bessle topology
- Phase inversion, pad, and phantom power toggle switches
- Digital readout for gain with 1dB incrementing
- High-impedance direct insert on front panel
- Mute switch
- Function: Preamp and Saturator
- Number of Channels: Single
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4", 1 x XLR
- Outputs: 1 x XLR