Hungry RobotThe Lumen State-Variable Overdrive Pedal
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Hungry Robot The Lumen State-Variable Overdrive Pedal
Hungry Robot's The Lumen marks a return to overdrive-based designs, this time pairing a FET-based drive effect with an active state-variable filter for edgy, driving tones. Whereas many overdrive pedals feature a passive tonestack, the Lumen's SVF actively amplifies selected frequency bands, each with their own level controls (for lowpass, bandpass, and highpass levels respectively).
Perhaps most interestingly, the Lumen uses no diodes for clipping: instead, by using cascaded FET gain stages, the pedal approaches a tube-like response, great for adding warmth and saturation prior to the filter stages. And because there is a dedicated clean level control, it becomes easy to create any blend of direct or distorted signal. If you're looking for a new way to add layered thick tones to your setup, the Lumen awaits you.
The Lumen Features
- FET-based overdrive pedal
- Uses a State Variable Filter in place of a passive tonestack
- Lowpass, bandpass, and highpass filters each with individual level controls
- Dedicated controls for Clean and overdriven signals
- Drive control for gain of first FET stage
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 3.7 x 1.96"
- Power Specs: 9VDC center negative PSU (not included)