Gamechanger AudioPlasma Coil High-Gain Distortion
Gamechanger Audio Plasma Coil
Plasma Coil pedal is the result of a collaboration between Gamechanger Audio and Jack White’s Third Man Records. The essence of the pedal still retains the original Plasma's unique high-gain distortion circuit, which amplifies audio signal to a whopping 3500V inside a glowing Xenon tube. This limited edition version of the pedal adds multiple Octaver circuits to the original design, as well as an additional Effects footswitch, which can be activated momentarily or as a conventional toggle. The Blend control found in the original pedal is completely removed, so that the distortion can only be either completely On or Off. Lastly, it’s impossible to miss the updated color of the Xenon plasma tube, which now dances to the dynamics of the input signal in bright yellow.
Plasma Coil Features
- High-voltage distortion based on the Gamechanger PLASMA, with added voltage boost & analog octaver effects
- Developed in collaboration with Third Man Records
- Converts sound into high-voltage discharge in a Xenon tube
- EQ for high/low boost/cut
- Voltage knob adjusts amount of current sent to the tube
- Effect knob for access to different effect types: Volume Boost, two Subharmonic modes, Upper Harmonic mode, two Mixed Upper/Lower harmonic modes
- Master volume control
- EFFECT engage footswitch can be configured for momentary or latching operation
- 3.78 x 5.8 x 2.73"
- 9VDC Center Negative PSU (not included)