Fred's LabBuzzzy! Digital Polysynth
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Fred's Lab Buzzzy!
Proving that multitimbrality is no longer restricted to bulky workstation keyboards, Buzzzy! by Fred's Lab is an astoundingly compact digital synthesizer that's sure to provide instantly gratifying sounds. Despite its small size, Buzzzy! provides up to 16 voices of polyphony shared between four parts, with each part given its own sound engines, effects, and arpeggiator. Although it only features four knobs, each provides three different functions: primary and secondary sound engine parameters, depending on if the Alt button is pressed or latched, as well as arpeggiator parameters.
The sounds of Buzzzy! are unashamedly digital, with the four engine types providing various Pulse waves, FM timbres, low-fidelity waveforms, and various flavors of digital noise. Turning the Wave knob will select different waveforms, including some with built-in modulation, like PWM. Each part then provides a simple Attack/Decay envelope, level and panning controls, a multimode filter, and either a delay or reverb. Buzzzy! does handle voice allocation by sharing 16 voices between all four parts, but polyphony can be slightly reduced in some situations, such as when multiple reverbs are in use.
It may be a bite-sized synthesizer, but Fred's Lab was sure to make Buzzzy! a capable player in any environment. The USB port allows for both power and MIDI data transfer, and a traditional 5-pin DIN port for MIDI input allows for most any keyboard or controller to plug in and make sounds. There's room in any studio for Buzzzy!
- Pocket-sized digital synth with 4-part multitimbrality and 16-voice polyphony
- 24-bit, 48kHz audio processing
- 4 Sound Engines: Pulse, FM, Waves, and Noise
- 3 filter types: lowpass, bandpass, and highpass
- 3 delay modes: mono, ping-pong, and chorus/flanger
- 3 space/reverb modes: Fort, Reservoir, and Abyss
- Arpeggiator per part
- Dedicated left and right 1/4" output jacks, plus 3.5mm headphones
- 16 slot memory
- Outputs: 2x 1/4" TS outputs
- Headphone out: 3.5mm TRS
- MIDI: In via 5-pin DIN, USB-B
- Power: via USB
- Dimensions: 148 x 68 x 65mm