Erica SynthsPico System III - Eurorack
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Erica Synths Pico System III
This is Erica's most affordable and flexible Pico series modular synth yet: the Pico System III, a West Coast-inspired instrument that draws clear inspiration from the Buchla Music Easel. With a classic pairing of rich modulation sources, complex oscillator, lowpass gates, and preset memory via DIY "program cards," the Pico System III Eurorack module brings a taste of classic Buchla to Eurorack systems at a remarkable price. But of course, it has a uniquely Erica spin—bringing a touch of grunge and grit to this classic workflow.
The basic signal flow begins with two oscillators with a dedicated VCO Controller, allowing for linear and exponential FM and multiple forms of waveshaping (including PWM). Two resonant lowpass gates provide a rubbery, plucky, organic dynamic response, and a voltage-controllable BBD effect provides flanging, chorus, and short delay effects (with delay times up to 400ms).
The other half of the instrument's character is defined by its modulation options. A multi-purpose modulator module offers sine and pulse LFOs, as well as random pulses, random S&H, and noise. Two voltage-controllable AD envelopes (with optional looping) provide the potential to create everything from plucky articulations to long, evolving voltage contours. And of course, several mixers provide the option for combining CV or audio signals.
Using the included factory preset cards and a host of DIY cards, users can explore the possibility of modular preset memory—storing all patch routing on individual cards. Experiment with using resistors to attenuate signals between modules, or simply stick with the factory cards for a fun and immediate experience.
Bringing many of the concepts of classic West Coast synths to Eurorack format with a decidedly "Erica" twist, the Pico System III module is one of the most interesting full voice modules currently available.
Pico System III Features
- Full West Coast modular synth voice in only 42hp
- Preset card patch memory functionality a la Buchla Music Easel
- Four-step sequencer
- Two VCOs with linear and exponential FM and various waveshaping tricks
- Dedicated modulation oscillator with Noise, S&H, and Random Pulse generation
- Two looping voltage-controllable envelope generators
- Two Lowpass gates with variable resonance
- Built-in BBD delay with up to 400ms delay time
- Three built-in mixers for modulation, audio mixing, and output level management
- Includes Five factory preset voice cards and five DIY voice cards
- Includes one Hosa stackable patch cable
- Includes User Manual with several pages for patch notes
- Eurorack module
- Width: 42hp
- Depth: 38mm
- Current draw: 175mA @ +12V, 112mA @ -12V
With deep FM, two lowpass gates, looping envelopes, and loads of modulation options, the Pico System III is easily capable of generative soundscapes, but the addition of PWM, resonant filters, and an extra LFO make it easy to create even more conventional synth sounds with astonishing depth.
Like the Music Easel, the Pico System III can use preset cards to store patch "presets"—in this case, allowing you to save entire patch routings on physical program cards. The system comes with several preset cards and DIY cards so that you can create your own presets.