Erica SynthsBlack K-Phaser Phase Shifter
- SAVE $30
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Erica Synths Black K-Phaser
Bringing the quintessential sound of a genre from the 70s comes Erica Synths' Black series K-Phaser: a take on the famous phaser behind Krautrock. Based on Schulte's "Compact Phasing 'A'," the Black K-Phaser is an eight-stage phaser, but Erica has tweaked the original design by offering a classic mode, to replicate the sound of the original unit, and a spread mode, in which all the all-pass filters are detuned for a much more dissonant timbre. Unlike the original, the Black K-Phaser features a resonance control to introduce feedback artifacts, accentuating or masking the effect in either mode.
Manually set the center frequency via the Phase control or add liveliness via the LFO or CV input. The LFO can be set to either saw or ramp up waveshape with an independent rate control found at the bottom of the module. Further the Black K-Phaser's modulation by introducing CV to the LFO speed, and utilize the LFO elsewhere in your modular system via the individual LFO output. With a mixed and wet output and further customization over how many filters get employed, Erica Synths brings a classic phaser with massive amounts of customization with the Black K-Phaser.
Black K-Phaser Features
- 8-Stage phaser module
- Based around Schulte's iconic "Compact Phasing 'A'", also known as the "Krautrock Phaser" from the 70s
- Redesigned all-pass filters and modulation circuit
- Two modes: Classic and Spread
- Phase knob sweeps the filter's cutoff frequency with CV input and attenuverter
- Resonance attenuverter introduces a new feature to the original, unlocking feedback artifacts that were originally unavailable
- Internal LFO with two shapes, a rate control that can be CV modulate, and can act independently from the module via the LFO out
- Mixed output as well as a wet only output
- Dipswitch to select the number of filter stages involved
- Eurorack module
- Width: 10hp
- Depth: 35mm
- Current draw: 88mA @ +12V, 78mA @ -12V
unit – the Krautrock Phaser.