Epicycloid EngineeringVoluptron Tube Ladder Filter
- No Hassle
Epicycloid Engineering Voluptron
Voluptron is Epicycloid Engineering's take on the traditional modular ladder filter: a complex, tube-based design with a thick, unparalleled sound. Voluptron offers up to five octaves of 1V/oct tracking, with resonance up to self-oscillation. Additionally, the input can be used as a gnarly overdrive—one which impacts the cutoff frequency at higher settings, creating dynamic filtering effects. If you love the sound of a Moog ladder filter but wish it would extend farther into the dredges of tube-based distortion and nonlinearity, Voluptron is the right choice for you.
Note: the Voluptron requires connection to the Epicycloid Engineering Illuminox Prime power supply.
- Tube-based ladder filter with extreme sonic signature
- 4–5 octave cutoff frequency range at 1V/oct tracking
- Resonance extends into self-oscillation
- Includes three 6ES8 tubes, but is compatible with a wide variety more
- Audio input with gain into distortion
- Input level impacts cutoff frequency at higher gain settings, creating dynamic filtering effects
- Requires connection to Epicycloid Engineering Illuminox Prime power supply
- Eurorack module
- Width: 12hp
- Depth: 32mm
- Current draw: 35mA @ +12V, 35mA @ -12V
- Requires connection to Illuminox Prime PSU
The Voluptron is a four pole lowpass ladder filter, but with tubes instead of transistors.
Both of these modules receive 200V power from the Illuminox Prime module to make sure the tubes are running at full power.