Emblematic SystemsCatalyst Macro Controller
Emblematic Systems Catalyst
The Emblematic Systems Catalyst is a macro performance controller, bringing Octatrack-style "scene" management and motion recording to the Eurorack ecosystem. With eight CV outputs and eight banks of eight interpolate-able scenes, the Catalyst is a killer controller excellent for injecting modulation into all corners of any patch.
Catalyst allows creation of eight banks of eight voltage "scenes." Each scene contains eight offset voltages, defined by turning the backlit encoders for each output. A different scene is assigned to each side of the crossfader—and then the crossfader can be used to continuously interpolate between each scene.
The crossfader additionally offers up to 20 seconds of motion recording, making for a complex source of ever-changing voltages. The sheer number of output tied to a single "macro" control makes it possible to change the entire scope of a patch by altering one control: patch it to modulation speeds, to modulation depth controls, signal routing VCAs, and more. Catalyst is a means of enacting user-induced change to an entire system.
- Macro controller module for Eurorack systems inspired by the Elektron Octatrack's crossfader
- Eight simultaneous outputs with 16-bit resolution from 0–10V
- Backlit encoders for easy level visualization
- Eight CV output "scenes" per bank, with eight total banks
- 60mm crossfader for scene interpolation
- Crossfader motion recording up to 20 seconds in length
- Eurorack module
- Width: 16hp
- Depth: 40mm
- Current draw: 135mA @ +12V, 17mA @ -12V
In the video the sounds come from the Bastl Tea Kick, Noise Engineering Manis Iteritas, Mutable Instruments Elements and are sequenced by Malekko's Varigate 4+.