Elysiaskulpter2 qube Preamp
- Low Prices
Elysia skulpter2 qube
Loaded up with great sounding preamps and essential features for shaping your recordings, the skulpter2 qube by elysia is a convenient little box that will find a home in any studio. Packed with two of their skulpter 500 series modules, the qube is a compact, dual channel chassis which supports both XLR and 1/4" TRS input and output. Of course, the built-in power supply provides low noise and optimal performance to ensure your recordings are pristine. Should you decide to expand with more qubes later on, the chassis features slotted tracks for stacking or connecting additional units together.
Packed with two skulpter 500 modules, this qube is a flexible two-channel toolbox for shaping your recordings with creative intent. Each skulpter module makes use of discrete Class-A circuitry to deliver clear, premium audio quality, and offers a bit more features than a regular preamp. Of course, microphones and signals from other instruments can be routed in through the inputs on the back of the qube chassis, but there's also a high-impedance D.I. port on the front for instruments. The relay-controlled gain switching provides up to 65dB of gain over 40 stepped values, making it a great companion for a wide range of sources, from juicy active guitar or bass pickups to soft ribbon microphones. The versatile shape control applies varied amounts of saturation and filtering to the incoming signal, with two modes focused on enhancing prominent frequencies of instruments or vocals. A handy LoCut control clears up the low end with a 12dB/oct highpass filter, and the Comp knob offers various threshold settings for an internal 3:1 soft-knee compressor. And of course, skulpter provides +48V phantom power, polarity inversion, and bypassing as all great preamps should.
With its features and flexibility that make it a great choice for enhancing your instruments and vocals, elysia's skulpter2 qube is an indispensable tool for adding some polish to any sound.
skulpter2 qube Features
- Compact 500 series chassis with two skulpter 500 series modules
- Balanced audio I/O via XLR or 1/4" TRS
- skulpter modules built with discrete, Class-A circuitry
- Relay controlled gain switching, with 40 steps and up to 65dB of gain boost
- Separate gain settings for microphone and D.I. inputs
- Shape control imparts harmonic shaping via saturation and filtering
- Two shape modes tuned for instruments and vocals respectively
- LoCut filter rolls off low frequencies from 10-375 Hz
- Fixed 3:1 Comp with selectable threshold settings
- Phantom power
- Phase inversion switch
- Bypass switch
- Frequency response: 10 Hz - 170kHz (-3dB)
- Input impedance: 13.6kOhm (Mic), 1MOhm (Instrument)
- Output Impedance: 62 Ohm