EarthQuaker DevicesThe Warden V2 Optical Compressor Pedal
- No Hassle
Earthquaker The Warden V2 Optical Compressor Pedal
EarthQuaker Devices’ The Warden v2 takes optical compression to an entirely new level. Its pristine components promote unparalleled gain and formidable sustain. Users have total control over Attack, Sustain, Release, as well as Ratio parameters—providing everything required for pulverizing squashing or inherently transparent compression. This updated version features completely silent-relay based switching.
The Warden Features
- Tone: This pedal was designed to slightly color your tone, the coloration can be dialed-in to your taste. Counter clockwise is treble cut, clockwise is treble boost. The tone is nearly flat around 11 O’Clock.
- Level: This controls the overall output and is affected by the sustain and ratio settings. There is no specific unity setting, adjust to taste when you find your perfect compression setting
- Sustain: This is the heart of The Warden. It controls how hot the signal is, which changes the dynamics of the compression. The Warden is a feedback style compressor, the hotter the signal, the more active the compression. Very little sustain= very little compression, less active attack and release and a cooler signal, Max sustain= heavy compression, longer sustain, hotter signal and more lively attack and release.
- Ratio: This determines how much the gain reduction affects the signal. All the way up is full compression and the compression is reduced as you turn this counter clockwise which allows more of the boosted, less compressed, signal to come through. There are no defined ratios here.
- Attack: This controls how quickly the compressor reacts and starts leveling the signal. All the way counter clockwise is a fast, nearly immediate reaction. Turning the attack clockwise slows the reaction time.
- Release: This controls how long it takes the signal to raise back up to the level determined by the sustain & ratio settings. All the way counter clockwise is a fast release and the release time slows as you turn it clockwise.
- Power: 9V DC (center negative) 2.1mm barrel
- Current Draw: 20mA
- Daisychains not recommended
- Rugged Aluminum Case
- Dimensions: 4.625" x 2.5" x 2.25"
Product Demo Videos
EarthQuaker Devices The Warden Optical Compressor
EarthQuaker Devices The Warden Optical Compressor.
EarthQuaker Devices The Warden V2 Optical Compressor Pedal Reviews