DoepferA-156 Dual Quantizer
Doepfer’s A-156 module is a dual voltage controlled quantizer capable of converting a continuous CV signal (0 - +10V) to a stepped output voltage in the same range. The module features several different quantization modes: major scale, minor scale, major chord, minor chord, fundamental + fifth, and even adds sevenths or sixths when chord modes are used.
- Control voltage input (CV In): The input for the contiuous voltage to be quantized
- Control voltage output (CV Out): The output of the quantized voltage
- Trigger input (Trig.In): If this jack is left open the quantizer is working permanently. If a rectangle voltage is applied quantisation happens only at the rising edge of the signal (e.g. from an LFO or MIDI-to-Sync interface). Thus the quantizing can be synchronized with other events.
- Trigger output (Trig.Out): Whenever a quantisation happens (i.e. a new voltage is generated at the CV Out) a positive pulse occurs at this output. It may be used to trigger an envelope generator (ADSR) or for triggering other modules (sequential switch A-151, trigger divider/sequencer A-160/161, trigger delay A-162, ...). If none of these functions are used the jack is left open.
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 8HP
- Depth: 55mm
- Current Draw: 50mA @ +/-12V