Black Lion AudioB172A FET / Optical Compressor
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Black Lion Audio B172A
The Black Lion Audio B172A is a dual-channel combination optical/FET compressor that provides two different compression styles with routing options. The two sections are 17, inspired by the 1176 FET compressor, and 2A, inspired by the LA-2A optical compressor. Black Lion Audio set out to make their own opto element which led to the development of their custom T4BLA optocell component. Each channel can be used separately in dual mono mode, or the compressors can be used in series. A switch selects between 2A into 17 or 17 into 2A, giving three different compression settings to experiment with. The 2A section features Cinemag input transformer while each output section features Chicago-wound output transformers. Black Lion Audio delivers again with a flexible and versatile compressor that offers two compression types with independent or series compression.
- Two-channel compressor with FET and opto compressors
- 17 FET compressor based off the 1176 compressor
- 2A compressor, based off of LA-2A compressor
- Chicago-wound output transformers
- Custom T4BLA opto element
- Cinemag input transformer on 2A section
- Three routing modes, dual mono, 2A-17, or 17-2A
- Balanced XLR and ¼" inputs
- Two ¼" link ports
- Inputs:Two XLR, Two 1/4"
- Outputs: Two XLR, Two 1/4"
- 1/4" link jack
- Standard IEC cable