Black Corporation Deckard's Dream Analog Polysynth
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Black Corporation Deckard's Dream
The Deckard's Dream from Black Corp is a modern re-imagining of the classic Yamaha CS-80, bringing the sounds of Vangelis into a 21st century workflow complete with MPE support and a considerably smaller footprint than its predecessor. While it is not a 1:1 clone of the CS-80, the Deckard's Dream faithfully emulates the workflow of the original, bringing the sounds of this inaccessible dream synth into the hands of the masses.
Deckard's Dream is 8-voice polyphonic, with two indpendent layers per voice. The original waveshapes are reproduced via discrete waveshapers, and a variety of tuning settings allow for everything from a tightly tuned feel to vintage detuning peculiarities. The oscillator section offers saw and square shapes, as well as PWM via dedicated sine LFO. Each voice offers a lowpass and highpass filter with independent resonance settings, as well as dedicated filter and VCA ADSR envelopes.
The magic of Deckard's Dream comes to the surface when combined with an MPE-capable controller such as the Roger Linn Linnstrument or Roli Seaboard. Capable of polyphonic aftertouch and polyphonic pitch bend, Deckard's Dream can easily expand into an expressive instrument with touch-controlled vibrato, pressure-induced filtering effects, and much more.
Deckard's Dream is an extremely modern take on classic synthesizer design. Place it into a standard rack frame, add a controller (MPE or not), and get lost in sounds from Vangelis to pure outer space.
Deckard's Dream Features
- Eight-voice analog polysynth based on the iconic Yamaha CS-80
- 256 presets: 128 factory and 128 user
- MPE-capable, with support for polyphonic aftertouch and polyphonic pitch bend
- VCOs offer square, saw, sine, and pulse wave shapes
- PWM with sine LFO and manual control
- 12dB/oct lowpass and highpass filters with independent resonance
- Dedcated filter and VCA ADSR envelopes for each voice
- Velocity and aftertouch can control filter and level
- Global VCO2 detune
- Global LFO controls
- Poly aftertouch can be routed to LFO speed, LFO to VCO amount, LFO to VCF amount, filter "brilliance," or volume
- Keyboard tracking for VCF and VCA
- Polyphony: 8 voices
- Outputs: LOW and HIGH via 1/4" TS
- MIDI: In & Thru via 5-pin DIN
- USB: type B, device/host
- Power: 9-24V, included
- Dimensions: 19" 4U rackmount (19 x 7 x 7.8")
Deckard's Dream Expander adds ring modulation, chorus, tremolo, delay and reverb to the Deckard's Dream, or anything else you plug into it.