Behringer MS-1-BU Analog Synthesizer (Blue)
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Behringer's MS-1-BU is a bright blue analog monosynth directly inspired by classic 1980s designs. With a look and sound that defined entire genres, it borrows the sound engine of one of the most sought-after analog synths from the 1980s—and now Behringer has brought it back and made it accessible to a new generation of musicians.
Using the same VCO and filter designs as the original, the MS-1 is true to the sound of the past; but it included expanded connectivity options and internal modulation routings that help it fit into modern workflows and the world's current soundscape. All of the original charm remains: the classic, intuitive sequencer—the guitar strap and mod grip for keytar-style use; and now, a built-in arpeggiator for extended melodic control and expanded options for filter modulation.
The MS-1 provides CV and gate and MIDI I/O for easy interfacing with modular gear, DAWs, and MIDI workstations, making it possible to bring the sound of countless dance and synth-pop classics into the workflows of any type of current musician.
- Analog monosynth keyboard
- Bright blue color
- Includes guitar strap and mod grip for straight-up keytar action
- 3340-based VCO with Saw, Triangle, Square/Pulse, and Sub oscillator options
- Lowpass filter with Cutoff, Resonance, Envelope, Filter FM Depth, and Key Follow control
- One ADSR envelope for amplifier and VCF
- Oscillator portamento
- Built-in arpeggiator and easy-to-use 32-step sequencer
- Audio input for filtering external sounds
- Expanded modulation options
- Keys: 32 semi-weighted
- Controllers: Pitch bend, Pitch modulation trigger
- Inputs: 1x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1x 1/4"
- Headphones: 1x 1/4"
- MIDI: IN, OUT, THRU, USB
- CV I/O: CV in/out, Gate in/out, Velocity out, VCF CV In, Clock In, Grip & Mod inputs
- Power: 9VDC PSU (Included)
The Behringer RD-8 provides the sound and workflow of one of the most iconic drum machines of all time—with additional features and a pricetag that makes it perfect for modern workflows. It updates this classic machine with an analog filter, wave designer, and advanced sequencer with performable beat repeat functions and more. In this video we also experiment processing the RD-8's kick drum direct output through the Boss Waza Craft Metal Zone MT-2W, adding a bit of edge and forcefulness to its already thunderous low end.
The MS-1 is a modern interpretation of yet another classic analog instrument: a monophonic synthesizer with integrated sequencer and a huge, rubbery sound. Here, we process the MS-1 through a Boss DM-2W Waza Craft Delay pedal for some extra space.