ArturiaMiniBrute 2 Noir Analog Synthesizer
- SAVE $95
Arturia MiniBrute 2 Noir
Recreating the second edition of their fantastic semi-modular synthesizer in a stealthy black color comes the MiniBrute 2 Noir from Arturia, a monophonic synthesizer with loads of sculpting and modulation capabilities. Coming a long way from its original iteration, the MiniBrute 2 offers a traditional subtractive synth archetype with loads of modulation and a gigantic 48-point patchbay for rerouting its signal flow or integration with Eurorack modules. At its core, MiniBrute 2 starts with two solid analog VCOs that can be dialed in from the oscillator mixer with a white noise generator along with an external input. VCO 1 is highly shapeable with each waveform, including saw, square, and triangle, having individual timbral shaping to create different styles of their original shapes—create supersaws, PWM squares, and even Arturia's signature metalized triangle sound.
From here the sound is routed to Arturia's well-known Steiner-Parker state-variable filter, offering low, band, and high pass options as well as a notch shape for tons of subtractive shaping. The filter offers immediate control over cutoff and resonance that plays nicely into the final stage of distortion known as Brute Factor, offering massive and screaming sounds for rough and tumble basses and melodies. Providing two flexible LFOs, an ADSR envelope, and a looping AD envelope, you have tons of possibilities to stretch the MiniBrute 2 to its extremes by routing these modulation sources to any of the available VCO FM, Filter FM, RM, and much more. And to tie the unit together, MiniBrute 2 offers a stellar performance section at the bottom of the unit, including a 25-key keyboard fixed with octave transposition, velocity, aftertouch, and pitch bend & modulation wheels.
The middle section of MiniBrute 2 features customization for the pitch and modulation wheels as well as a compact yet superb arpeggiator and sequencer. Dictated by rate and time division, both of these features sync to either the internal clock or externally via analog clock, MIDI, or even over USB. The arpeggiator offers eight variations of arpeggiation styles, while the sequencer provides you with eight slots to save a sequence up to 64-steps. With full MIDI I/O and USB connectivity as well as a sleek new look, Arturia's MiniBrute 2 Noir is a fantastic and bold monosynth for any producer, sound designer, or performer.
MiniBrute 2 Noir Features
- Semi-modular analog synthesizer
- Special limited edition Noir color
- Two analog VCOs:
- VCO 1 - saw with ultra-saw parameter, square with pulse width control, and triangle with metalizer waveshaper with fine tuning
- VCO 2 - sine, saw, or square with three tuning range options
- Oscillator mixer for all of VCO 1's shapes, VCO 2, a noise generator, and external input
- State-variable Steiner-Parker filter with four filter types: low/band/high pass and notch
- Control over cutoff frequency, resonance, bipolar FM amount, bipolar RM amount, and additional cutoff modulation amount
- Final AM input as well as Arturia's Brute Factor distortion circuit
- Additional modulation includes 2 multi-shape LFOs (sine, triangle, saw, square, stepped, and noise), an ADSR envelope, and a loopable AD envelope
- 48-point CV and gate patchbay for creative modular synthesis
- 25-key velocity and aftertouch sensitive keyboard with modulation and pitch bend wheels
- Built-in arpeggiator and 64-step sequencer with eight savable sequence slots
- Multiple sync sources externally as well as internal sync source
- Outputs: 1/4" balanced line level, 1/4" balanced headphone
- MIDI I/O: 5-pin DIN
- USB functionality: type-B
- Dimensions: 19" x 13.2" x 2.3"
- Weight: 10.6 lbs
- Power supply included