ARTTPS II 2-Channel Tube Mic Preamp
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
ART TPS II
Packed with tone and flexible features, the TPS II from ART is a versatile two channel, tube-based preamp designed for adding a bit of spice to any audio source. The star of the show behind TPS II's magic is its incorporation of ART's V3 technology. Short for Variable Valve Voicing, it's a rather clever way to sculpt the character of your TPS II to suit the instrument being recorded, with defined presets chosen for the way they enhance things like voice, guitar, and more.
TPS II has up to +48dB of gain on tap via its input control, but can be kicked up an additional 20dB with the secondary Gain switch. For further capabilities, ART has included a variable Input Impedance control on each channel, changing the impedance of the preamp's input, and therefore slightly modifying the response of the connected microphone. This is a handy feature for dialing in your mic to its optimal character for recording. For keeping the sound of your digital gear clear from all the gain loaded into this box, ART has incorporated their OPL (Output Protection Limiter) technology to tame output peaks and help to avoid undesirable digital clipping artifacts.
Should you be seeking an intuitive and straightforward preamp to make your recordings shine, the TPS II from ART will deliver.
TPS II Features
- Two channel, rackmount tube preamp
- V3 Technology revoices the valves for different instrument presets
- OPL reduces the risk of digital clipping
- Variable Input Impedance allows for further shaping of any mic into its best sound possible
- Up to +48dB of gain on input, plus 20 available on secondary button
- LED input VU meter, analog output VU meter
- Phantom power
- Polarity inversion switch
- Inputs: 2x combo XLR-1/4", 2x XLR, 2x 1/4"
- Outputs: 2x XLR, 2x 1/4"
- Frequency response: 5Hz–50kHz
- Dimensions: 1.75 x 6.5 x 19"
- Rack height: 1U
- Weight: 5.5lbs