- No Hassle
- Low Prices
ART Dual Limiter
Flexible in its application with a unique approach to limiting, ART's Dual Limiter is a powerhouse two channel limiter designed for malleable dynamics control in a small, unassuming single rack unit enclosure. There are two identical channels on the Dual Limiter, which may be used independently or linked together via the appropriately named Link button for stereo applications. The Dual Limiter is equally at home in the studio or in a live sound setup, and makes use of ART's unique PWM-based gain circuit for low noise and distortion when it counts.
Dedicated Attack and Release controls provide shaping over each channel's dynamic response, and play a significant role in determining the characteristics of the resulting audio. Input and Output level controls offer up to +20dB of gain each, and it's the relationship between these two controls which will partially define the amount of compression imparted on processed audio. The other main consideration is the Ratio button, which can select between a 4:1 and Limiter function. Around back is a versatile Detector Loop insert point, allowing for ways to shape the copy of the input signal which gets sent into the compressor's detection circuit. Using an EQ or filter can be nice for tailoring the Dual Limiter's response to certain frequencies, but clever connection of the output back into the Detector results in less intense compression ratios.
If you're looking for a handy companion to shape your dynamics with intuitive immediacy, look no further than the ART Dual Limiter.
Dual Limiter Features
- 2 channel compressor/limiter
- PWM based gain circuit
- Channel controls can be linked together for stereo usage
- Input and Output gain controls per channel
- Attack times range from 0.5 to 50ms
- Release times range from 0.1 to 3 seconds
- Selectable ratios of 4:1 and Limiter (>20:1)
- Detector loop insert point shapes audio analyzed by compression detection circuit
- Inputs: 2x XLR, 2x 1/4" TRS
- Outputs: 2x XLR, 2x 1/4" TRS
- Sidechain I/O: 2x 1/4" detector loop
- Frequency response: 10Hz–30kHz
- Dimensions: 1.75 x 5.9 x 19"
- Rack height: 1U
- Weight: 4.7lbs