AKGC414 XLII Condenser Microphone
AKG C414 XLII
The AKG C414 XLII is perhaps one of the most versatile large-diaphragm microphones currently available. Its clarity and flexibility make it a prime choice for recording almost any instrument, especially vocals, winds, strings, or anything that you want to stand out in your mix.
Like its sibling the C414 XLS, the C414 XLII offers nine polar patterns, three pad levels, and three switchable high-pass filters. It differs from the XLS, though, in its slight presence boost and and improved spatial reproduction, characteristics borrowed from AKG's legendary C12.
The C414 XLII adds new features and improved ease-of-use to the claims of its predecessors. Selected settings for polar pattern, high-pass filter, and attenuation are displayed via built-in LEDs. Additionally, a peak hold LED provides visual feedback for unexpected audio peaks, helping to catch overloading signals during setup.
The C414 XLII's sheer flexibility, powerful presence, and remarkable spatial reproduction make it an excellent addition to any studio.
C414 XLII Features
- Sonic character of AKG's legendary C12
- Nine selectable polar patterns
- Three selectable attenuation levels
- Three switchable high-pass filters
- Peak hold LED provides visual feedback for even the shortest overloading signals
- Includes H85 shockmount, W414 windscreen, PF80 pop filter, and a metal carrying case
- Audio frequency bandwidth: 20 to 20000 Hz
- Equivalent Noise Level: 6 dB-A
- Sensitivity: 23 mV/Pa
- Signal to Noise: 88 dB-A
- Preattenuation Pad: -6/-12/-18 dB
- Bass Cut Filter: 160/80/40 Hz
- Electrical Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 2200 Ohms
- Electrical specs: 4.5 mA @ 44-52 V
- Length: 38 mm / 1.5 in
- Width: 50 mm / 2 in
- Height: 160 mm / 6.3 in
- Net Weight: 300 g / 0.66 lb