AJH SynthNext Phase Stereo Phaser (Silver)
AJH Synth Next Phase
AJH's Next Phase is an analog multi-tap phaser that improves on the design of their prior Megaphase 12. Offering a host of options for stage selection and feedback operation as well as internal modulation, the Next Phase is indeed a forward-thinking take on a classic filtering effect.
Next Phase offers both a selectable number of overall stages as well as selection of the stage from which "emphasis" feedback is routed, allowing for the creation of tons of different phaser behaviors. The main stage selection is routed to the left output and the emphasis stage to the right, allowing for creation of stereo effects far beyond the typical "inverted phase" secondary output method. And of course, CV inputs for emphasis depth and phaser "frequency" make for plenty of colorful animation options.
A built-in triangle LFO can control the Frequency as well, and offers a dedicated CV output for routing to other parameters. Two audio inputs and a dedicated "colour" control round out the Next Phase, a remarkably well-thought-out design for such a classic effect.
Next Phase Features
- Analog multi-tap phaser for Eurorack synthesizers
- Updated take on AJH's Megaphase 12
- Allows selection of number of stages: 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, or 12
- Allows variable feedback (emphasis) with CV control
- Feedback stage (Emp-Stage) selectable as well: may be stage 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, or 12
- Integrated triangle LFO with varaible rate & depth (each with optional CV control)
- Phase "colour" control
- Two inputs with level controls
- Left, right, and Wet signal outputs
- Dedicated LFO output
- Eurorack module
- Width: 18hp
- Depth: 26mm
- Current draw: 90mA @ +12V, 85mA @ -12V