AJH SynthMiniMod Transistor Ladder VCF (Silver)
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
AJH Synth MiniMod VCF
The AJH Synth MiniMod VCF is a recreation of the 24dB/Oct low-pass transistor ladder filter used in the classic Moog Model D synthesizer. It features a three-channel input mixer, dedicated filter cutoff knob, and both 1/3” and 2/3” CV ins that faithfully emulate the original Model D’s VCF switches. There’s also a variable CV input offering additional modulation possibilities.
In addition to a manual Emphasis control, there is now a vactrol-controlled CV input for voltage controlled resonance. Since the input features a vactrol, it can reach audio rates, allowing the filter to self-oscillate for use as a sine wave oscillator.
This is the SILVER version of the MiniMod VCF.
MiniMod VCF Features
- Eurorack Replica of the 24db/octave Low Pass Transistor Ladder Filter used in the early Moog Model D Synthesizer
- 3 Channel Input Mixer
- 1 Filter Signal Output
- 1V/OCT Input: Changes the filter cutoff at the rate of 1V per Octave, or if the filter is in full self-oscillation (Emphasis Control fully CW) it will control the pitch of the resulting sine wave at the rate of 1V/OCT (When compared to the Model D this emulates having “Keyboard Control” switches 1 and 2 “ON”)
- Frequency CV Input
- 1/3 CV Input: Changes the filter cutoff at the rate of 333mV per Octave (When compared to the Model D this is the equivalent of having “Keyboard Control” switch 1 “ON” and switch 2 “OFF”)
- 2/3 CV Input: Changes the filter cutoff at the rate of 666mV per Octave (When compared to the Model D this is the equivalent of having “Keyboard Control” switch 1 “OFF” and switch 2 “ON”)
- Emphasis CV Input: ±5V
- Emphasis CV Input Level Control: 0% to 100% (Manual Emphasis Level Control is still active and acts as an offset control)
- Emphasis Level Control (Resonance Level Control): Self-Oscillates between positions 8 and 10
- Filter Cutoff Control
- Frequency CV Level Control: 0% to 130% (Greater range than the 1V/OCT Input so over-modulation effects are possible)
- Input Level Control for Inputs 1, 2, and 3
- Eurorack Module
- 14 HP Width
- 26mm Depth
- Current Draw: 45mA @ +12V, 30mA @ -12V
The AJH MiniMod Eurorack modules bring the great sound of the MiniMoog Model D discrete circuitry into the Eurorack format with a look reminiscent of large format Moog Modulars.